Are you a fitness beginner? Here are the tips to avoid comment mistakes that others did! Your first time at a gym can be an intimidating experience and you have to act with caution especially if you have never been to one before. Getting into the swing of things at the gym isn’t always a dreamy experience.
1. Keep It Light: You will feel like you can conquer the world. But keep it light or else you will end up with severe pain the next day. Don’t try every single equipment at the gym that day.
2. Choose The Right Outfit: With several cute and attractive gyms wear available in the market, you will be tempted to dress up. But keep it light and wear only what is comfortable. Do not dress to impress people. Shoes are the most important of all and wear comfortable sports shoes.
3. Consult The Trainer: Before starting the workout, consult the trainer as to what workout is required and how to go forward with that workout. Pay heed to what the trainer has to say. This one-on-one training is important to get into the gym routine.
4. Don’t Copy Others: You will see a lot of muscular men and women with great figures working out with great concentration. Do not copy them and don’t get intimidated by them. Workout at your own pace and at your own comfort level.
5. Keep An Exercise Log: Your previous day workout session does help in planning your next day’s exercise routine. So keep an exercise log and plan your weekly workouts accordingly. At the end of the month, this exercise log will help in the evaluation of your overall session and the results you got.
6. Eat Proteins Afterward: After workout meals are a must. You need some proteins after an intense workout. While protein bars and protein shakes are the most preferred, do consult your trainer as to what will suit you.
7. Use A Towel: Never ever forget to bring a towel to the gym. You will get all sweaty and red; you will need a towel to wipe off that sweat. Also before and after the workout sessions, do wipe down the machine.
8. Ask To Work In: If you see someone waiting for the equipment, don’t just keep him or her waiting or finish your workout in a hurry. Share it. This is the normal gym courtesy. Take turns to do your sets.
9. Re-Rack The Equipment: After you use some of the equipment like weights, place them on their respective racks. Don’t just leave them lying around. Again this is one the basic gym manners.
10. Don’t Expect Sudden Results: You won’t see the results in your body instantly. It takes time for your body to get accustomed to your workouts. Be patient and you would get the required results. Also, regularity plays an important role here.